Standards and FrameworkHistory / Social Science Framework
Designed for teachers, curriculum specialists, parents, and others interested in standards-based education, the 2001 updated edition of this framework is organized into grade-level course descriptions, contains the content standards in full, and includes new appendixes.
- History-Social Science Framework (PDF) (248pp.:2.1MB)
- To order a printed version of the framework, contact the CDE press at 800-995-4099 California History/Social Science Content Standards
California History/Social Science Content Standards
Electronic versions of the History/Social Science content standards adopted by the California State Board of Education are available below. What students in California should learn about history-social science is clearly set forth in this document. The standards define the knowledge, concepts, and skills that students should acquire at each grade level. Students who achieve these standards will have the necessary skills to understand a complex and changing world in the twenty-first century and the obligations of citizenship in the U.S.
- History-Social Science Content Standards (PDF) (72pp.:611KB)
- To order the standards in print, contact the CDE press at 800-995-4099.
- STAR Blueprints -- The STAR Blueprints for the California Standards Test (CST) show the standards tested and numbers of questions included on these independent CSTs.
Print This Page Email This Page