The Kern County Science Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) public non-profit organization created in 1988 to promote science and technology education in Kern County.
One of the major events sponsored by the Kern County Science Foundation is the Kern County Regional Science Fair. The date for the 2013 Science Fair is Tuesday, March 19, 2013. Aera Energy LLC is the Founding and Primary Sponsor. Winners of scholarships are announced at the Science Fair.
The Foundation also funds, fully or partially, student events such as MATHCOUNTS, Middle School Math Field Day, Physics Olympics, AP Calculus & Statistics Contests, and a Rubik's Cube Competition. In addition, the Foundation gives scholarships, provides funding for Summer Science Camps, and provides STEM professional development to teachers, using such programs as GEMS.
2013 and 2012 Science Fair photos are available at www.johnhesterphotography.com Click on CLIENT PROOFING, and enter the password SCIENCE. Additionally, please like us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/KernCountyScienceFoundation for further information and updates about science.
Watch The Science of Science Fair Videos
Michael Cushine discusses with county and state Science Fair winners Nick Okita and Edith Teng the secrets of a successful Science Fair.
- Why Do a Science Fair Project?
- Picking a Science Fair Project
- Making a Great Science Fair Project
- How to Prepare for the Science Fair Competition
- Science Fair Forms and Procedures
- 2013 Science Fair Coaches (ppt)
Science Fair Rule Books
- "2013 Rule Book for Grades 4 & 5"
- 2013 Rule Book for Grades 6-12
Science Fair Forms
- "2013 Forms for Grades 4 & 5"
- 2013 Forms for Grades 6-12
- 2013 Institutional Review Board Information Sheet
- 2013 School-District Intent to Participate Form